Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working.

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.


  • Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
  • Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
  • Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence
  • Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted
  • Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535


  1. Validity of passport at least 1 year
  2. Three (3) visa application forms and 3 passport size recent photographs 
  3. Non-Immigrant “O-A” (Long Stay) Form
  4. Copy of bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to        and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate with monthly income  of not less than 65,000    Baht, (approximately GBP 14,000.00/annum) or a deposti acocount plus a monthly income totaling      not less than 800,000 Baht. 
  5. In case attached copy of bank statement, the original reference letter from the banking concerned is      necessary.
  6. Criminal Record check from own country and country of permanent residence with validity of at least     3 months. Applicants residing in the United Kingdom will need to have a police clearance issued         only from here.
  7. Medical Record proving applicant has never been infected with contagious disease with validity at      least 3 months (in accordance with Immigration Act B.E.2522)
  8. In case wishing to be accompanied by spouse, the marriage certificate will be attached. But spouse      will be granted Non-Immigrant “O” instead of “O-A”(Long Stay)

     Note: Documents 4 to 8 inclusive must be certified by a Notary Public officer or Solicitors


1.  Applicants can submit their applications at the Royal Thai Embassy 

2.  The Office of the Immigration Bureau, Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration Bureau,
     Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120. Tel. 0066-22873101-10      Ext.2236

3.  The following applicants may also apply for this type of visa in the country if:

        1. Applicants undergoing health rehabilitation program in hospitals or health centers. These            organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.
        2. Applicants who are spouse / parents / children of applicants above.
        3. Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Immigration Bureau have                       applied for visa on behalf. The above mentioned applicants must have qualifications stated in 1-2.

4.  Once the documents are matched with requirements, the consular missions shall issue the      Non-Immigrant visa “O-A” (Long Stay)


Please visit Visa Fees page


  • Upon arrival in Thailand, the actual length of stay (1 year) will be determined and granted at Immigration check - point.
  • Once having been in the Kingdom up to 90 days, applicant must report himself / herself to the authorities concerned and every 90 days, also report can be made by post by fill up the form TM.47 which can be obtained from immigration office.
  • Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 .- Baht (approximately GBP14,000.00) or an income certificate plus a deposite account showing an anount of not less than 800,000.- Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretation of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirments.
  • In case of spouse wishing to extend of stay, marriage certificate is required.


This website is no longer used please visit


เว็ปนี้ไม่ได้ใช้แล้ว กรุณา ไปที่

สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงลอนดอน
ที่ ๓๔/๒๕๕๙ 
เรื่อง การจัดสมุดลงนามถวายความอาลัยพระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวในพระบรมโกศ

Following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand on 13 October 2016, a Book of Condolences will be open daily for signing at the Royal Thai Embassy from 14 October 2016 onwards from 0930-1630 hours.


Newsletter:Thailand Focus 



YouTube Channel

การบรรเลงดนตรีไทยเฉลิมพระเกียรติสมเด็จพระนางเจ้าฯ พระบรมราชินีนาถ 12 สิงหาคม 2559




เพลงปวงข้าฯ ถวายพระพร